- Possibility to send postal money orders both in Lithuania and abroad.
- Availability of the service in all post offices of AB Lietuvos paštas.
- Security of the money order – no risk of losing your money in the process of sending.
- Very quick – in Lithuania money orders reach the beneficiary in several minutes.
Important to know:
- Money orders (in Lithuania and (or) to foreign countries) can be sent and paid out only in national currency litas.
- A single money order in Lithuania may not exceed LTL 50,000. The amount of money orders delivered by couriers in Lithuania may not exceed LTL 3,000. Click here for the maximum permitted amounts of money orders sent to foreign countries.
- Only a person who submits a personal identification document has the right to collect the money order.
Information about payment of money orders:
- Money orders can be paid in cash, using bank cards or by bank transfer.
- In case of bank transfer the amount of the money order must be transferred to the bank account managed by our company delivering a copy of the bank transfer receipt together with the money order form to the post office.
- Received money orders are paid out in cash or remitted to the beneficiary’s bank account.
Western Union money transfers
Larger post offices of AB Lietuvos paštas also offer the money transfer service rendered by the international financial corporation Western Union. With Western Union you can send money to almost any country and collect amounts transferred by the sender in several minutes.
“This year my son started studying in Vilnius. Unfortunately, he cannot return home frequently, so I have to transfer money for his living expenses. We live in a village and it’s not convenient for us to reach the bank located in the regional centre. So we send money orders, which is quick and safe".
Angelė (58) from Skuodas District